Terms of Business
We offer a 12 month Guarantee on our jewellery against manufacturing faults but not against misuse. If a customer of yours has a problem with our jewellery you can contact us about it or ask the customer to contact us direct. If your customers have any issues after the 12 month guarantee period then please get in touch & we will still try our best to remedy the issue.
- Delivery in the UK is free for orders over £200 net (for Channel Islands see below) There is a £7 post & packing charge for orders below £200. Orders are sent out on a next day service via courier to most of the UK - however, the service to the Highlands, Northern Ireland & offshore UK takes longer.
- We want you to be able to try our jewellery without having to commit to ordering more than you are comfortable with. For that reason we do not have a minimum order quantity – you can order as small (or as big) as you want!
- Delivery to the Channel Islands & Republic of Ireland costs £15 regardless of order size. To help offset the £15 charge we will include 2 free bracelets in with your order. Please contact us for delivery costs to other countries.
- Customers in the UK are given 30 day terms. Invoices will be dated the day your order is dispatched & we ask that they are paid within 30 days from that date. As a small company your prompt payment makes a huge difference to us. (Please note: this only applies to bricks & mortar shops, online only businesses must pay at the time of ordering.)
- UK customers can choose to pay at the time of ordering on our website & will benefit from receiving 5% additional free jewellery with their order (we will choose the free items to compliment your order)
- All customers outside the UK must pay at the time of ordering. You will also benefit from receiving 5% additional free jewellery with your order.
- Orders are normally dispatched within afew days, but can take longer during our busiest times.
Whilst we try to give the lengths shown as accurately possible there will be some variation due to the nature of the materials used. We also try to show the colours of the pieces as accurately as possible but again due to the materials used there may be some variation from the images shown.
Jewellery should always be a pleasure, and with a few simple precautions Ronin jewellery should remain in good condition. Many gemstones have taken millions of years to form so it is not surprising they appreciate a little care! Please bear in mind that putting gemstone jewellery in shop windows may result in it fading.
BELOW ARE THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS WE SUGGEST FOR OUR JEWELLERY, YOU MAY FIND THIS INFORMATION USEFUL TO PASS ON TO YOUR CUSTOMERS:
We recommend that you remove your jewellery when undertaking domestic or manual work and also when bathing or swimming. The chemicals in some perfumes, cosmetics, hairsprays etc. can affect the lustre of some gems (pearls are particularly susceptible to this) so get into the habit of putting on your jewellery last.
Keeping your jewellery individually boxed will ensure the gemstones do not get scratched or fade if left in strong light.
We recommend cleaning the silver-plated components of your jewellery with a silver-polishing cloth, avoiding the gemstones as much as possible. Use a barely damp cloth to clean the gemstones.